Sunday, April 30, 2006

May 1st: SuperShoppingMonday

So I've heard that illegal immigrants are planning to boycott both shopping and working on Monday May 1st. I have serious doubts that the economy will even notice this because really, how much do you think illegal immigrants are spending? I'm not at all convinced that our country is going to grind to a halt without illegal immigrant spending.

However, someone did mention to me that if I want to go to a mexican restaurant, Monday is probably not the day. This isn't a problem because I am no fan of mexican food - I like Taco Bell, but I don't think that counts.

Anyway, I didn't do any shopping this weekend, but here is a list of the things I plan to buy on Monday - (and believe it or not, it's not comprehensive)
-gallon of skim milk
-loaf of bread
-chocolate syrup, 2 bottles
-couple cans of fruit
-1 outfit, business casual
- cup of coffee at Caribou with SpiderChick

and I may be convinced to buy more. The Ranger is trying to encourage me to buy a DVD/VCR player because my current VCR is somewhat possessed...and then there's the rice krispies I've been waiting to buy...

Sure, you can say that all this doesn't add up to a lot of money, but it can't possibly be much less than the average illegal immigrant is spending on any given day. Cause really, who has time to shop when you're slaving twelve hours a day in the fields?

:)