Thursday, November 04, 2004

Still Enjoying the Victory

Are you all still celebrating?

I hope so!!

The Ranger asked me today if I planned on posting anymore on my blog.

The answer...of COURSE!!!

But right now, I'm tired. I think last night was the first night in weeks that I slept more than 4 hours. I heard Ken Mehlman on Special Report tonight talking about the effectiveness of the Grass Roots effort. He was right. Many people in this area were surprised at the number of volunteers that turned out to turn out the vote for the President. In fact, on Friday, when a reporter showed up at the Victory Center he told me he expected to see two people on the phones. He was quite surprised to see over 20 local volunteers making phone calls. And it was like that through the 72 hour campaign.

It may be that we didn't break 40% in Mahoning County, but we broke through the union stronghold that paid people to try and bribe voters with free meals on election day.

I could spend hours and hours writing about my experiences over the last week, starting with the President's Rally last Wednesday, followed by the successful execution of the 72-hour effort, through a phone bank visit by Rudy Giuliani on Sunday and ending with a full day of poll watching on Election Day. I've learned so much and for that I am so thankful. But it will all have to wait. I'm off to Arizona tomorrow morning for a little rest and a lot of sun shine.

Congratulations President Bush!

God Bless America!!!!!