Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Classic Christmas TV

Shawna has posted her favorite Christmas movies, and maybe I should do that too...but right now all I can think to say is "How could I have forgotten about Emmet Otter's Jugband Christmas???"

Along with Mickey's Christmas Carol and the Charlie Brown Christmas special, it was a yearly favorite in my home. I think I still have them all somewhere on VHS, taped off the TV and laced with the commercials of the times. Too funny.

Even funnier: just this weekend I was discussing The Christmas Carol with a first grader. Let me tell you, explaining the concepts of "present" and "future" are a lot more difficult than I thought. This young girl had also never seen The Muppet Christmas Carol - a travesty in my opinion. So I told her she could watch it with me. Gotta love Kermit and Gonzo :)