Saturday, April 09, 2005

Hey, I'm a conservative Scientist...

...And so were most of my physics professors. And so is the Ranger.

Jonah Goldberg has letters from a few others (keep scrolling down from there for more)...about the fact that there don't seem to be enough conservative scientists.

And I definately think this is an important point...though I don't know if it's very related to the topic at and, or just a sore spot among scientists:
Engineering is NOT a 'hard science'. It is in a separate college, and has little or nothing to do with the Arts and Sciences. Generally speaking, the liberals are in places like Physics and Biology. Chemists trend a bit more Republican.

Though again...more conservatives in Physics that I've seen. But that's just me. Oh, and it's not counting Maryland...where it's probably not true.