Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Poor JPod

I think that SpiderChick and I have had conversations that resemble this John Podhoretz riff, notable for its complete lack of full-stop punctuation - which as such fully captures the essence of the moment:
WHINE
Hey, you know, I'm supposed to be on vacation and everything, out here at the beach, but there's all this news going on, and so I'm not getting to spend a lot of time relaxing, plus all you immigration people continue to write in capital letters which is annoying, and now Rhenquist has a fever and the space shuttle isn't launching and my daughter is only now getting over an ear infection but my wife has a sinus infection now and then at 6 in the morning the house alarm started going off but it's my parents' house and they're on the luxurious NR cruise around the British isles and I had to jump out of bed to deal with a faulty electrical system in the basement and to top it all off it's 62 degrees in the Hamptons on July 12...