Saturday, January 21, 2006

"And now, coming to the plate..."

Back in college, my friend Becs and I would have conversations about what music they would play if one of us were to be walking up to the batter's box. She would choose something and then continuously change her mind. As a huge White Sox fan at a time when their stadium was never full, she had a lot of time during their games to think about it. I, on the other hand, could never make such a decision. I guess the fact that I knew it would never happen kept me from really making the commitment to a certain song. (Though I'm sure the Ranger has his song all ready to go for when he gets called up to the majors.)

Anyway, apparently this is a common conversation to have, and over at The Corner, John J. Miller chose entrance music for the NR staff.

Sadly, I must admit to not being able to recall the tunes to any of the songs listed.

John Podhoretz is sad too, but for a different reason: Miller left him off the list!