Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Kerry's "news" is old news

Fox news reports that President Bush said about the Kerry Doctrine what I said earlier today.
Bush dismissed Kerry's four-point plan as a proposal for 'exactly what we're currently doing.'

I think Senator Kerry must have misunderstood when he was pressed for what he would do in Iraq, though I admit it's nice of him to alert the public to the President's current plan.
James Taranto comments along with his readers. One of whom says:
I've been waiting for someone to explore what Kerry's pitch to foreign leaders will sound like. "Hey, Jacques, we're engaged in a war at the moment. It's the wrong war in the wrong place at the wrong time. Would you be willing to send some French soldiers to help us fight it?" That sure sounds like a winning sales pitch, doesn't?

Yeah. I even heard tonight that Kerry and his people admit that neither France nor Germany will be committing troops, as Chirac himself is said. So who's left???? Someone please tell me who Kerry plans on bringing into Iraq, even laying aside the fact that he keeps bashing the whole idea of the war everywhere he goes.

Meanwhile, the FoxNews article quotes Sen. Tom Harkin as saying

With our military tied down in Iraq ... we are less, not more secure, and more vulnerable, not less vulnerable,

I don't know about you, but I think this is tired rhetoric, and I'm still waiting for Senator Harkin to apologize for jumping on the CBS forged document bandwagon right after the 60 minutes report.