Tuesday, February 22, 2005

God is good...

...All the time.

My home church is very small... we have between 50 and 70 on Sunday mornings. We are close and I am continuously thankful for the fact that I truly feel they are my family.

Currently, my family is in mourning and I covet your prayers.

Monday afternoon we lost our youngest member, a 3 month old baby boy. He died suddenly, possibly from SIDS. It is a tremendous shock to all of us and I can't even tell you the number of people I have cried with over the phone in the last day and a half. The baby's parents need prayer of course - they need a continual lifeline of strength and comfort from the Lord. There are also two other children in the family, ages 5 and 8, who need peace and understanding from the Lord as well. I was told today that the 5 year old sister asked her parents if they could have another baby and give him the same name as her little brother. The 8 year old brother hugs his mother when she cries and drew a picture with a cross and flowers that he hung on the door of the baby's room.

I can't begin to imagine their pain, but in the midst of it all I am encouraged by the stories of tremendous faith that I have heard from those who have already sat with the family. I have always admired this couple for how they exemplify the peace, kindness and love of Christ and - by God's mercy and to His Glory - they continue to do so now.

God is in their midst, Jesus is their Lord and they know He holds their sweet baby boy in His everlasting arms.

Still, they need our prayers. Please as you read this, say a prayer for this dear family as they strive each moment to persevere in the hope of the Lord. For surely they will have moments where confusion, anger, sorrow and suffering will haunt them. Please pray for God to sustain them in His peace, the peace that passes all understanding.

Thank you so much, and may God Bless you.


"I wait for the Lord, my soul does wait,
And in His word do I hope.
My soul waits for the Lord
More than the watchmen for the morning;
Indeed more than the watchmen for the morning.
O Israel, hope in the Lord;
For with the Lord there is lovingkindness"

~Psalm 130:5-7



All the time - God is good.