Saturday, May 20, 2006

Bleeding Red

Well, Hugh Hewitt has done it again. He has posted a list of links to all the GOP Senators and Senate candidates that need monetary help in this year's election. Why is it important? Well, as Hugh says:
It is a lot of money, but the stakes are incredibly high, including success in the war and the ability to confirm good judges to the Supreme Court and the lower federal courts.

In fact, no matter what the problem is, the answer can't be more Democrats.

That's exactly right. We can argue about all the things that Republicans may be doing wrong, but at least we can agree that the Democrats won't be doing anything more right. :)

Now, I may still be getting mail from South Dakota's Sen. Thune, Alaska's Sen. Lisa Murkowski and others to whom I gave money in '04, but it was worth it. Except in the case of that guy from Florida....

Anyway, it's short list, and I'm only mildly self employed and still willing to give. So far I've hit Sen. Kyl, Mark Kennedy and of course, Mike DeWine. Go Buckeyes!

It doesn't take very long at all. In fact, I think it will take longer to set up this post than to make those 3 contributions. So, what are you doing today to keep the Senate in GOP hands? I saw Ted Kennedy live on the Senate floor last week, and we really don't need to see him in charge of any committees, please :)

UPDATE: After I wrote this post, I went and hit
* Santorum (because PA is right next door)
* Steele (because I'm always hearing about the vast amount of liberal influence in Maryland)
and
*Talent (because Missouri is a good swing state in which to have republican Senators for '08)

I don't usually talk about charitable contributions - but afterall, this isn't charity, it's the Senate majority...conservatives in charge of every committee. (Taxes are more like charity than this is...)

And, since Hugh kindly used me as an example this afternoon, I thought I should probably add the updates.