Monday, January 22, 2007

Monday Quick Hits

What do you do when you find a bunch of little interesting things, about which there isn't much to say? Well, I guess you make a quick hits post. It's not the most creative thing in the world, but if I were you, I'd want to know about this stuff :)

* There's an equation for which day of the year is the most depressing. Apparently it's today. I think doing math to find out if I could be legitimately depressed on a certain day, would only make me more depressed!

* Amazingly, the Niger-Wilson-Plame-CIA story is still alive and well and...extremely misunderstood. But The Corner (itself a giant quick-hits blog I suppose) is keeping on top of all the misinformation. Here's the latest helpful post.

* Looking for new and interesting kids books? Or...at least looking for someone to tell you about them? Well, there is a blog for everything as there is the BooksforKidsblog. If you haven't tried to buy a kids book lately...it's a lot more difficult then you may think.

*Lastly, also on Instapundit...news about snowflakes...which is interesting to me because we just did a kids club lesson on the uniqueness of snowflakes...and then we made snowflakes out of coffee filters:)


(And just a sidenote...I want to comment on how strange it is that Blogger's own spell check gets hung up on the word "blog." What's the deal?)