Friday, September 03, 2004

One point only -

- The Great American Economy

When are the Democrats going to stop acting like the economy is falling apart? Do you think they really believe that the world is about to fall down around us?

John Kerry said tonight, in his badly orchestrated Midnight Ride speech, the jobs are in the worst state they've been since the depression and that gas prices are skyrocketing.
Well, I don't know about the rest of the country, but here in Ohio, where this speech took place, I've been sort of annoyed that the prices for gas have been falling! Gasp!

It's quite funny actually. I'm annoyed, you see, because everytime the price goes down I get gas and feel like I'm getting a deal...and then it goes down even more and I feel like I'm getting ripped off.

hee. I'm being flippant of course. but the point is, as Wizbang said tonight, there are lies all over that speech.

But what about jobs?
As I heard Jack Kemp say in an interview on Fox news this week and as I read in the Weekly Standard yesterday:
"The jobless rate fell to 5.5 percent in July, the same rate that Bill Clinton hailed as a sign of prosperity in 1996."

But here's the real thing. I live in Ohio, in Northeast Ohio, where unemployment is worse than the national average, but the stores are still packed, there's still traffic on the streets...so it can't be that bad.

Moreover, I'm unemployed as well. Pretty much consistently since March. But it's not Bush's fault.

Memo to the unemployed: There's no guarantee that you would still be employed if Kerry had been president this year. Neither is there a guarantee that you WILL be employed if Kerry becomes President.

I'm voting for Bush, because it's not all about me, I'm able to think beyond my own employment and realize there are a lot of other important issue about which Bush CAN do something...and will.


UPDATE: Good news Friday Morning! Unemployment falls to 5.4% in August, 144,000 more jobs.
Things are getting better, but it doesn't happen over night and don't believe anyone who tells you that it does.