Wednesday, September 08, 2004

The Mainstream media's 527 Heroes

Just this evening I was re-reading Jonathan V Last's column in last week's Weekly Standard which can also be found online here.

In his article, Mr. Last lays out a timeline on how slow the Mainstream media was in covering the Swift Boat commericials. Fox News Channel's Campaign Carl reported on it back in May, but the rest of the Mainstream or "old" media didn't start covering it in full until late August.

Interestingly enough, when I finished reading the article I flipped on the news. In the span of two hours, from 7pm-9pm eastern time, I saw stories on the "Texans for Truth" commericials (just released over the weekend) on MSNBC, CNN, PBS's NewsHour, CBS's 60 Minutes and of course Fox News. And I'm sure I could have missed something somwhere...

Curiouser and Curiouser...