Wednesday, September 08, 2004

"Use the Force, John-Luke Kerry"

Mark A. Kilmer of "Mark A. Kilmer's Policial Annotation Weblog" has a message for Kerry:

But I have a strategy for Kerry which might work, probably won't. As I said last week, hit Bush on the IQ matter. Perceptions rule. Lastly, he has to utter these words: "I am Luke Skywalker trying to get out of the Death Star." John McCain said it four years ago in the GOP primary when he was attempting to paint anything opposing him as part of the dark side of the Bush force. The press would eat it up… but they'll have to focus group the thing to see how the public would react. It's not very Presidential, but very little which Kerry is doing now qualifies as that anyway.


Incidentally, when I mentioned this quote to the Ranger, he said "I have no idea what this means - 'I am Luke Skywalker trying to get out of the Death Star' - Sounds like McCain."
ha.